nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] wrapping, etc.

From: David Benbennick
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] wrapping, etc.
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 17:05:52 -0500 (EST)

Hi.  There are two patches attached.  The first contains the patch DLR
sent yesterday, with the changes described below.  The second is a diff
between DLR's patch and mine, so you can easily see what I am changing.

On Sat, 30 Mar 2002, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:
> The attached patch contains the following:                    <snip>
> * David Benbennick's overhaul of the wrapping code from a
> patch he sent awhile ago                                      <snip>

Thanks for bringing this up again!  I was afraid everyone had forgotten
about it.  You say there was an off-by-one error in the totsize
calculation.  I haven't been able to find it: can you point out where it
was, or how to demonstrate it?  Thanks.

Your new totsize calculation in do_wrap() assumes that inptr->next !=
NULL.  I have added an assert to document that condition.  (My original
patch did not make that assumption, though I agree it should always be
true.)

>      * D. B.'s fix to allow get_next_filename() to return
> INT_MAX

Um, I think you broke my patch.  Assume that every save file before
INT_MAX already exists.  What I sent made it possible for
get_next_filename() to return name.INT_MAX if there was not already a save
file by that name.  Your patch makes it return name.INT_MAX if there is
already such a file, and not otherwise!  I have changed things back.

Also, I added a fix for the seg fault I pointed out on 13-Mar at 11:54
EST, about cutting the first line of a file when in multibuffer mode,
closing the file, then uncutting in another buffer.  The fix is different
from the one I sent before, and better.  It turns out the only place the
fileage needs to be syncronized is in files.c:close_open_file(), just
*before* the call to open_nextfile().

I also added the change to global.c:shortcut_init, allowing ENABLE_BUFFER
to coexist with NANO_SMALL.  I included the changes to configure.ac that
DLR sent.  Also, I made configure.ac define NDEBUG, to turn off assert
testing.  [I haven't tested either of these configure.ac changes.]

Finally, I fixed a typo in nano.1 and nano.1.html.

By the way, this patch includes all patches I have sent before that have
not been applied.  So the previous ones can be ignored.