nano-devel

Re: FIXED !!! Re: [Nano-devel] nano won't make

From: Jordi Mallach
Subject: Re: FIXED !!! Re: [Nano-devel] nano won't make
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 19:19:40 +0100

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 05:05:15AM +1100, Ken Tyler wrote:
> Ignore my last mail, problem fixed (or at least kludged around).

Oops, just when I mailed you :)

> I have /usr/local/share/aclocal/ and /usr/share/aclocal/, aclocal looks in
> /usr/local/share/aclocal for it's files and they are missing some macros.

Ah, that explains, as the macros you were missing are provided by other
packages (gettext, glib, etc) and if you have those installed with
packages, they must be living in /usr/share, not /usr/local. It's a
known automake bug: see http://bugs.debian.org/98825:
  * #98825: aclocal: Should look for macros in /usr/local/share/aclocal

> A link to to the proper versions in /usr/share/aclocal fixes the aclocal
> errors then the other errors go away.
> Don't know how it came to be wrong, what is the correct (or your) place ?

Due to this limitation, if you install things from packages and other
things from source, some macros may end in the "incorrect" directory,
and currently automake will ignore them. A solution for you could be
installing autoconf & automake from packages, not from sources. What OS
are you using?

Jordi
--
Jordi Mallach PĂ©rez || address@hidden || Rediscovering Freedom,
   aka Oskuro in    || address@hidden      || Using Debian GNU/Linux

http://sindominio.net  GnuPG public information:      pub  1024D/917A225E
telnet pusa.uv.es 23   73ED 4244 FD43 5886 20AC  2644 2584 94BA 917A 225E