nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] definition of filestruct with ENABLE_MULTIBUFFER

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] definition of filestruct with ENABLE_MULTIBUFFER
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 09:04:06 -0800 (PST)

--- David Benbennick <address@hidden> wrote:
>> No problem.  Just be warned: I've discovered a few minor bugs in it
>> already, which need fixing before going to step two.
>
>Good.  I will work on correcting those first, and send you back a patch.

Okay; thanks.

>Do you have something specific in mind for step two?  I don't know the
>code very well; my current plan is just to remove global.c:totlines and
>then fix what breaks.

I have a vague idea of what to do in step two; when I get
some time to hack on nano again, I'll come up with some
specifics and fill you in.

>> >* make only next and prev be conditional on ENABLE_MULTIBUFFER,
>>
>> I don't know about this one, since all the prev and next references
>> would then have to be #ifdef'ed out, which could end up being a mess.
>
>I think a lot of the other #ifdef ENABLE_MULTIBUFFER lines will go away
>when we finish converting global.c variables to their openfilestruct
>counterparts.

You're probably right.

>Also, the number of prev and next references should be (or become) small
>and self contained.  I think they are only needed when inserting, closing,
>and switching buffers, and maybe in thanks_for_all_the_fish.  If it does
>end up being a mess, then I agree, they could be defined always.

Exactly what do you mean by "small and self-contained?"

>> You have a point about edittop and filebot, but the line number would
>> still have to be preserved in order to keep the cursor exactly where
>> the user had left it before (i. e. do_gotopos() won't work without a
>> line number specified).
>
>No.  In openfilestruct you have edittop and file_current_y.  Then the
>current line number is edittop->lineno + file_current_y.  So when you
>switch buffers you just recompute the line number.

Oops; my mistake.

Run a small business? Then you need professional email like address@hidden from
Everyone.net  http://www.everyone.net?tag