myexperiment-hackers

[myexperiment-hackers] Bug in Rake 0.8.1

From: David R Newman
Subject: [myexperiment-hackers] Bug in Rake 0.8.1
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 17:09:10 +0100

Hi All,

Just been trying to use rake to do a db:migrate on my local copy of myexperiment and had some problems. I got the following error:

address@hidden:/var/svn-repos/myexp_questions$ rake db:migrate
(in /var/svn-repos/myexp_questions)
rake aborted!
undefined method `last' for {}:Hash
/var/svn-repos/myexp_questions/Rakefile:10

I did a web search to see if anyone else had had a similar problem and it turns out that it is an actually bug in Rake v0.8.1. There is a work around that doesn't require removing Rake v0.8.1 as it may have dependencies but it requires commenting out some code that although does not appear vital may be so. The workaround can be found at:

<http://groups.google.com/group/substruct/browse_thread/thread/7edeebf05d1540a6>

I am guessing that we may be using an earlier version of Rake on colo/tents, as the only dependencies I can see are Hoe 1.5.1 and Passenger 1.0.1 but it is worth being aware of this problem as this version of Rake may be needed for Rails 2.0 if we choose to use it.

Dave Newman