myexperiment-discuss

[Myexperiment-discuss] Documenting the API (Re: Assistance in Usability

From: Ross Gardler
Subject: [Myexperiment-discuss] Documenting the API (Re: Assistance in Usability Evaluation)
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 10:44:03 +0000

On 24 November 2011 10:32, Danius Michaelides <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Nov 2011, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> I thought it would be useful to let this community know the status of
>> our work on the below mentioned widgets.
>>
>> We've hit a number of problems relating to the feature set of the API
>> with respect to what we could implement in this short project. For
>> example, there are no API methods for editing existing content.
>
> Hi Ross,
>
> Just a quick comment re the API. We have an open task in JIRA to update the
> documentation on the wiki:
>
> http://www.mygrid.org.uk/dev/issues/browse/MYEXP-23
>
> Don is currently drawing up a table to describe the current coverage of the
> API including write/edit status and as well as exisiting doucmentation
> level. Then we plan to update the API documentation especially around PUT
> support but also to include more examples.

Excellent. There are a couple of items I could really do with access
to and if there are undocumented API features maybe they are already
there.

What is your preferred method of collaboration - shall I post queries
to that issue or to this list?

It would also be really helpful if the document in question was worked
on in the open, preferably on a wiki, that way I might be able to help
by adding my own insights as a consumer of the API.

Ross