myexperiment-discuss

Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Taverna XML plugin ?

From: Stian Soiland-Reyes
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Taverna XML plugin ?
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 12:11:15 +0100

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 10:24, Alan R Williams <address@hidden> wrote:

> I do not know of any plugins to handle XML RPC. However, Taverna is able to
> handle REST services, so you may be able to use them.

Alternatively, as the XML of XML-RPC is not very well suited for
manual parsing or creation, here's an example using a Beanshell script
and the ws-xmlrpc library (which JARs would need to be installed in
each Taverna installation)

Example workflow: http://www.myexperiment.org/workflows/2290.html

See
http://www.mygrid.org.uk/dev/wiki/display/taverna/Beanshell#Beanshell-ConfiguringDependencies
on how to configure a Beanshell script to use the XML-RPC libraries.
Note that you would need to do this for each Beanshell service in the
workflow, unless you use Copy and Paste of an existing Beanshell
service like in the example workflow.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science