myexperiment-discuss

Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Skinning myExperiment

From: Alan R Williams
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Skinning myExperiment
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 13:38:51 +0000

On 18/01/2011 13:15, Carole Goble wrote:
Robert and myExperiment people

Hello everyone,

this raises the issue of a framework for customising myExperiment - we
cannot keep relying on Don doing a custom service.
in biocatalogue and sysmo we are simplifying this - our partners in
Emory and HITS are stripping out the hardwired skinning and substituting
configurable look and feel/labelling

There is probably more customization needed than just skinning. For example, in elico.myexperiment.org, all the information from the main myexperiment is still shown. It would make sense for, by default, only the news and workflows relevant to your domain to be shown.

Carole

Alan