myexperiment-discuss

RE: [Myexperiment-discuss] Spam as comments

From: David De Roure
Subject: RE: [Myexperiment-discuss] Spam as comments
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 11:03:13 +0000

Hi David

This is a good point and relevant to our current discussions as we are in the
process of introducing more curation and admin support.  We are also
introducing some assisted curation so that some annotation occurs automatically
and flags items for review by the "humans in the loop".

It's another example of differences between e.g. the facebook model and what
researchers may require.  On facebook you can delete comments you make and so
can others e.g. if you respond to someone's status and they don't like the
response they can delete your comment.  In scientific discourse one might argue
this is like deleting a letter responding to a paper!

Thanks

-- Dave