myexperiment-discuss

[Myexperiment-discuss] [Fwd: Invitation to participate in a VRE Landscap

From: Carole Goble
Subject: [Myexperiment-discuss] [Fwd: Invitation to participate in a VRE Landscape Study]
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 13:05:46 +0000

feel free to fill in the survey!

Carole

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Invitation to participate in a VRE Landscape Study Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 13:06:18 +0100
Dear Carole,

I hope that you're doing well. One of my students, Peter Darch, interviewed you a couple of weeks back, in the context of the Usability project. Thanks very much for that.

At the risk of exhausting your patience with all of these studies:  Would you mind helping us with a study  of Virtual Research Environments?

Here is some further information about the project:

The VRE Landscape Study is funded by JISC (Joint Information Steering Committee) and aims to stimulate debate about the benefits of research collaboration facilitated by Virtual Research Environments so as to assist the UK Joint Information Systems Committee (JISC) and similar funding bodies internationally to provide services and strategies to support it. The project is being undertaken by the Centre for e-Research at King's College London and the Oxford e-Research Centre at the University of Oxford. The website of the project is here: http://www.vrelandscape.net/

We are a little low on responses from the physical/natural/engineering sciences, and it would be great if you could circulate this to people involved in some of your projects, and perhaps fill  in the survey yourself :-)

Thanks very much

Annamaria

Dr Annamaria Carusi
Oxford e-Research Centre