myexperiment-discuss

Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Problem installing MyExperiment on Windows XP

From: Martin Chilvers
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Problem installing MyExperiment on Windows XP...
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 09:54:15 +0100

Hi Dan,

Danius Michaelides wrote:
you might have to do this:

1. find your mysql server's ini file, will be "MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\my.ini" in default.
2. locate this line:
sql-mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"
3. add a "#" to the head:
#sql-mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"
4. restart mysql server
5. run rake db:migrate, it should succeed this time
6. change the my.ini file back and restart mysql server

(From:

http://www.redmine.org/issues/771

)

I dont develop on windows but maybe other myexperiment developers who've
used windows ran into this?

Excellent - that fixed it! (and I didn't have to revert the MySQL version which would have been a bit tragic since it was only a minor release...)

Ahhhh, gotta love Windows....

Thanks!

Martin