myexperiment-discuss

RE: [Myexperiment-discuss] non-taverna workflows

From: David De Roure
Subject: RE: [Myexperiment-discuss] non-taverna workflows
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 22:46:04 +0100

Hello Paul

Just to follow up on Antoon’s comments, the myExperiment codebase is designed to share any “contributable type”, and currently we’ve focused on Taverna workflows and on packs.  We are developing support for a variety of other scientific artefacts including, for example, experimental plans used in the context of electronic lab notebooks in chemistry, and also statistical models. Kepler is very much part of the myExperiment picture, and we have enjoyed several fruitful conversations with Bertram about this. In our workplan we are working now with Triana and will be coming to Kepler in the period starting this fall.

We follow the Web 2 design principle of cooperation – we’ve put a lot of work into the myExperiment API so that myExperiment functionality can be brought through in other interfaces (eg google gadgets, wikis, the Taverna plugin).  It would be great to discuss how we might do some things together.  We’re currently planning some integration work with Galaxy, for example.

Let’s look at some options and see what we can do.

Many thanks

-- Dave