myexperiment-discuss

[Myexperiment-discuss] Re: googling an exp-object

From: Antoon Goderis
Subject: [Myexperiment-discuss] Re: googling an exp-object
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 15:06:22 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

Some immediate ones I see:

1. define the queries we want to support (wrt wf authorship, wf/services function and QoS, wf input/results, pubs) 2. define the minimally needed (as well as the with time envisaged) content for the objects
3. contrast Google offerings with queries over content (and adapt them)
5. put out the content in a format Google can interpret

In terms of 3, I'd say we need a mix (trying hard not to call it a mash-up) of functionality available in different Google apps,

standard Google for text queries
standard Google's link based rankings to reflect popularity of certain workflows/services Google Co-op for selecting a custom, domain-dependent index of Web service/workflow resources Google Code for searching over the workflow definition in a structured way
Google Base for the datasets associated with the workflow

but adapted to our context:
Google Co-op: automatically incorporate the tags generated from myExperiment as filters Google Code: at the moment can only surf over Java/Perl/C, not Scufl or other workflow languages
Google Base: domain-ontology grounded or myExperiment tag based queries

Antoon