myexperiment-discuss

[Myexperiment-discuss] Taverna/myExperiment workflow re-use exercise

From: Antoon Goderis
Subject: [Myexperiment-discuss] Taverna/myExperiment workflow re-use exercise
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 09:38:51 +0100

(with apologies for multiple posts)

Dear colleague,

In support of the myExperiment portal for sharing Taverna workflows [1], we
are trying to understand how you discover and re-use workflows. We have
designed a number of exercises to help find this out, based on workflows
created by twelve authors [2]. The exercises involve combining workflows
based on their diagram and curated information. You would need to: (i) edit
workflows by drawing circles and arrows and (ii) understand bioinformatics
workflow diagrams, e.g. http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~goderisa/example.pdf

Given the results from a pilot study, the exercise should take about two and
a half hours in total. To keep the overview, workflow combinations are laid
out on A1-sized posters. We are sending people a big tube containing the
posters (including return postage) in the coming weeks. Afterwards, we will
give acknowledgements and let people know how they compare to the other
participants.

We would much appreciate if you could help us out. Please let us know if you
can. Many thanks in advance,

Antoon Goderis, Franck Tanoh, Paul Fisher and Carole Goble
myGrid/Taverna team
University of Manchester
United Kingdom
Email: address@hidden
Phone: +44 161 275 6189
--

[1] http://myExperiment.org
[2] Our thanks go to the Bioanalytical Sciences Group and Bio Health