muddleftpd-users

Fwd: Re: [Muddleftpd-users] about auth modules, etc

From: Beau Kuiper
Subject: Fwd: Re: [Muddleftpd-users] about auth modules, etc
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 21:37:40 +0800

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 04:36, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> Beau Kuiper <address@hidden> writes:
>
> First: I havent used the authmodules yet. Until now its enough that
> muddle reads my passwd stuff (running as root). :)
>
> > Each group can use an external authentication module, they can be
> > different, because muddleftpd only has one of them loaded at a time.
> > Muddleftpd will automaticly switch between different modules.
>
> Each group can only use one?
> Hmm, featurewish: Every group can have as many authmodules as there are
> available. With a preferred order. If first one fails (user doesnt
> exist or it is not available right now) try the next. Only if all
> fail -> byebye.

You can use multiple groups for that (one authentication module per group).
 If a user is non-existant in an authentication module, then it can move to
 the next group and try that.

I don't think I will implement multiple authmodules per group, because:

1) Each group needs to provide credentials for accessing the filesystem below
it. Different authentication modules provide different credentials (some,
all, none) and it would be difficult to resolve it.
2) You can do what you want already with multiple groups.

Beau Kuiper
address@hidden