muddleftpd-users

Re: [Muddleftpd-users] Documentation framework (fwd)

From: Joerg Jaspert
Subject: Re: [Muddleftpd-users] Documentation framework (fwd)
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 17:27:47 +0200

Beau Alan Kuiper <address@hidden> writes:

> I have included my ideas below, and I am wondering if the list would be
> happy to work with such a system? If you don't like it, please speak up,
> otherwise I will assume you don't mind!

I speak up. :)

> Specifications of quick and dirty document generator:
> * Uses text files, one file per documentations section (so each directive
> will have its own text file, and so on)

Please not.

Use a "high level" language for it, like SGML or XML Docbook DTD or
texinfo (or latex). From that source you can generate plaintext, html,
pdf, ps with some simple commands (a Makefile).
From plain text input you cant do that in an easy way.

Yes, I know that this is more work in the first place, but I think for
the long-term its better to do this.

I just added a task for that on the savannah project page. Feel free to
add additional information there.
Um well, savannah added 3 of them, i deleted two. Dont know why :)

For everyone else here:
Yes, you can join muddleftpd team even if you are no Coder. You see we
need people doing the documenation stuff. :)

--
begin  OjE-ist-scheisse.txt
bye, Joerg                 Encrypted Mail preferred!