muddleftpd-users

[Muddleftpd-users] Muddleftpd Project

From: Joerg Jaspert
Subject: [Muddleftpd-users] Muddleftpd Project
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 11:13:43 +0200

Hi

Ok, I got no response to my offer to create the muddleftpd project on
savannah, so I have just done it.

http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/muddleftpd/

Beau: If you sent me your savannah Username you get access
immediately. :)

All others: Well, it is created there to be maintained by the users, I
dont want to take it completly alone or hijack it. But someone must do
the job of Administration, and as Beau stated that he has no time i
started with it.

Everyone could get access to the project and help with the
development. But to be sure that no script-kiddies or something enter
the project we should have some guidelines.
Today it is: Sent patches to me. (Or better, submit them with the
patch-manager, then they get archived there and in the mailinglist)
If they are good and happen in a regular manner you get access to the
project to use cvs directly for your work of course.

Ok, some words on the project i setup there:

I havent setup the HTML Files (yet), so access today only with the
savannah project page. Maybe I change this and import the existing
ones, but if one volunteers they can be rewritten. Im open for
everything. :)

I imported the 1.3.11-devel (1.3.12 from Beau) into CVS. I added my
local patches (dont write \r and \n coming from remote to the logfile)
and then created a branch for the stable revision.
Development version is in HEAD of cvs, has version number 1.3.13 for
now. Stable version is in release_1_3_12 so we can patch it if we find
security bugs in the stable tree.
If you make patches -> against CVS HEAD, except it is a security fix
for the last stable.

Then I started 3 Mailinglists. One is for cvs commits, one is to keep
track of Bug reports/Feature requests/etc and one is a general users
list. You should at least subscribe to -users, as a developer to -cvs
too. -track would be nice, but if you watch that with the webinterface
then not needed.
I will try to contact address@hidden to get the old list
forwarded to the new one, but better go and subscribe to the new one. :)

Again: I do not want to steal muddleftpd, everyone who wants to
contribute to it is welcome. Someone just needs todo the work behind
the scenes. :)

Hmm, I hope i have not missed an important thing...

--
begin  OjE-ist-scheisse.txt
bye, Joerg                 Encrypted Mail preferred!