moz-bonobo-list

Re: [moz-bonobo-list] a new mozbonobo plugin

From: Luca Padovani
Subject: Re: [moz-bonobo-list] a new mozbonobo plugin
Date: 31 Jul 2003 22:19:05 +0200

Hi Christian,

thanks for the quick answer

On Thu, 2003-07-31 at 21:07, Christian Glodt wrote:
> There's a few catches though... Mozilla caches the information about
> which plugin supports which mime type pretty aggressively.

I've deleted the pluginreg.dat file and now the MathML mime type shows
up in the list!

>  It will
> also only work if the MathML content is included in a web page
> using an <object> or an <embed> tag.

OK, I've set the MIME type attribute to application/mathml+xml, the same
that is listed in the .server file

>  The web server also has to know
> about the MathML mime type...

does this mean that I won't be able to load resources from my harddisk?
I've just tried and mozilla says:

"Couldn't load viewer for content of type "text/plain".

A test container application is able to use my bonobo component, so I
assume the problem is not there. Do I have to list text/plain in the
.server file as well? Do I have to register the .mml suffix somewhere in
order for it to be associated with my component? [I noticed from
mozilla-bonobo-viewer.c that the only string that is used to instantiate
the proper control is the filename.]
Did I miss anything else? Sorry if these questions sound silly, I'm
still a bit confused about all this bonobo stuff ;-)

> You're welcome, and in fact, thanks for your interest!

the mozilla-bonobo plugin is indeed pretty cool. I'd like to see the
MathML plugin up and running so that I'd be able to make some comparison
with mozilla's native MathML support.

Thanks for any help you can give,
-- luca