monotone-users

Re: [Monotone-users] [Monotone-devel] mtn-host.prjek.net going away

From: Justin Handville
Subject: Re: [Monotone-users] [Monotone-devel] mtn-host.prjek.net going away
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 12:13:47 -0400

Sure, git is popular.  But, monotone is still a great VCS.

Don't worry about which is more popular.  Alternatives are always
needed.  As long as the monotone development team continues making
this tool better, it will have supporters.

There is still a lot that can be done to refresh and even improve upon
this tool.  I still personally prefer monotone over any other
distributed VCS out there, and I'm sure that there are others who
agree.  All that has changed for me is that I export my internal
checkins to git for popular consumption.

I've used this tool since 2003, pretty close to the first release.
Other than the rare hiccup during those early development days, this
tool has been rock solid from the very beginning.

To the monotone developers, I say, great work with this tool, and I
hope you continue improving upon it.

- Justin