Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone on Github?

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone on Github?
Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 12:53:03 +0200

Derek Scherger wrote:
> I have a slightly older export here as
> well https://github.com/dscherger/monotone but I'm not keeping it up to
> date.
>
>>  both have been exported via the git export feature. The problem with
>>  that is: incremental updates are not supported.
>
> I'm not entirely sure this is true, I haven't looked at this stuff in a
> very long time but when I originally implemented the git export feature
> I think I did allow for incremental updates and the docs seem to
> indicate that this might actually work.

Incremental updates are both supported and working perfectly, they're
part of my workflow with my “personal” projects, which are versioned in
mtn (because I verily prefer it) but mirrored on GitHub to have issue
tracking and patched from people etc.

I use the following script to update the mirror:
https://github.com/lapo-luchini/asn1js/blob/master/mirror_to_github.sh

--
Lapo Luchini - http://lapo.it/