Re: [Monotone-devel] Christmas Release

From: Frédéric Praca
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Christmas Release
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 10:17:21 +0100

> Thomas Keller wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > The question regarding a new monotone release arose recently...
> > wouldn't
> > it be great to release it as "christmas present" for the last loyal
> > users we have...?
>
> http://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=monotone
>
> Monotone lives!

Yes but several problems on the website may confuse the newcomer about
the dynamic of the project, even if I think a mature project as
Monotone does not always need to be very dynamic.
- http://buildbot.monotone.ca/ is down for ages
- http://wiki.monotone.ca/recentchanges/ shows that nothing changed on
  the wiki this year
- the same remark applies to http://www.monotone.ca/
- http://frappr.com/monotone link is dead

Don't get me wrong, these are not criticism and I don't blame anyone.
As I told on IRC, for the moment, Monotone needs more
visibility/advocacy than technical points.

Regards
Fred
--
Ne pouvant fortifier la justice, on a justifié la force.
        -+- Blaise Pascal  (1623-1662), Pensées V.299 -+-