[Monotone-devel] Updated Issue 217 - Fail on dates with time zone indica

From: code
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Updated Issue 217 - Fail on dates with time zone indicator (monotone)
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 19:58:17 +0200

Hello,

The following issue has been updated:

217 - Fail on dates with time zone indicator
Project: monotone
Labels:
 Type:Defect
 Priority:Medium

Comments (last first):

# By joe 23, Oct 27, 2012:

The revision author was using guitone 1.0-rc5 with mtn 1.0 on Ubuntu.

So maybe a guitone bug, or maybe an mtn bug, depends on how strict you want to
be about the date format. But the trailing 'Z' did work in mtn 0.38.

# By joe 23, Oct 25, 2012:

A rev with a date cert that has a time zone indicator will cause some
operations, e.g. mtn head, to fail.

We have a checkin with a date with a trailing 'Z'. From
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601 the 'Z' indicator looks valid.

This checkin was perhaps made with a very old version of mtn? Or some helper
app? Will update this issue if and when I get the version info from the author
of the rev.

Steps to reproduce the problem:
-------------------------------

1. mtn local kill_certs h: date
2. mtn cert h: date 2012-10-25T12:00:00Z (or 2012-10-25T12:00:00+08)
3. mtn head or mtn log

Expected result:
----------------
Normal output

Actual results:
mtn: misuse: unrecognized date (monotone only understands ISO 8601 format)

Output of `mtn version --full`:
fails on 1.0

works on 0.38

mtn list cert h: works on both