Re: [Monotone-devel] nvm.lua-5.2 failing on mingw

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] nvm.lua-5.2 failing on mingw
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 13:52:10 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Mon, 07 May 2012 12:36:10 +0100, Stephen Leake
<address@hidden> said:

stephen_leake> Stephen Leake <address@hidden> writes:
stephen_leake>
stephen_leake> > Completely reinstalling mingw, using an older installer that
has g++
stephen_leake> > 4.5.2, fixed this particular problem (running 'make check'
now).
stephen_leake> >
stephen_leake> > So apparently g++ 4.6.2 has problems with exceptions on Mingw.
Cygwin is
stephen_leake> > still at 4.5.3; I don't think Debian is at 4.6 yet. So perhaps
this is
stephen_leake> > not surprising.
stephen_leake>
stephen_leake> 'make check' now completed.
stephen_leake>
stephen_leake> tester and unit tests all pass.
stephen_leake>
stephen_leake> func tests had one failure; netsync_key_hooks didn't get the
expected
stephen_leake> return value from the server when sent SIGTERM. I think this is
a known
stephen_leake> bug in MinGW, so we should skip that test.
stephen_leake>
stephen_leake> All of the extra tests failed, as on the previous release. The
failure
stephen_leake> is 'attempt to call global 'mtn_setup' (a nil value)', so there's
stephen_leake> something fundamental wrong in extra test driver.
stephen_leake>
stephen_leake> In sum; as far as Cygwin and MinGW are concerned, nvm.lua-5.2
can be
stephen_leake> merged to main.

Wait, you're saying all of "extra" is failing?  I definitely don't get
that on my (Linux) box...

I'm also a bit surprised that we consider failures with the "extra"
part ok.

Other than that, I agree that nvm.lua-5.2 should be merged into nvm.

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/