Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone-usher or usher-server and usher

From: Hendrik Boom
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone-usher or usher-server and usher
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 02:39:56 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 01:26:42 +0000, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 10:21:19 +0100, Richard Levitte wrote:
>
>> In message <address@hidden> on Mon, 19 Dec 2011
>> 22:09:13 +0100, Ludovic Brenta <address@hidden> said:
>>
>> ludovic> ... but TTBOMK nobody has packaged usher yet.  Sorry about
>> ludovic> that.
>>
>> There's no final package distributed to Debian, but there's an effort
>> in branches org.debian.usher and org.debian.usher.experimental.
>
> So far I've been advised to look at
>   org.debian.usher
>   org.debian.experimental
> and
>   net.venge.monotone.contrib.usher
>
> Which of these would be most opportune?  Or is there some important
> ancestral relationship between them?  And should I work directly on
> these branches or fork my own?  Maybe something like
> net.venge.monotone.usher.hendrik or is there a better suggestion?
>
> -- hendrik

I'm evidently still doing somethihg wrong -- again -- because after I
executing

mtn pull "mtn://code.monotone.ca/monotone?org.debian.usher"

and getting

mtn: doing anonymous pull; use -kKEYNAME if you need authentication
mtn: connecting to mtn://code.monotone.ca/monotone
mtn: finding items to synchronize:
mtn: successful exchange with mtn://code.monotone.ca/monotone
mtn:  bytes in | bytes out | certs in
mtn:       351 |       525 |      0/0
mtn: note: your workspace has not been updated

and subsequenty (in another directory) doing

mtn checkout --db=~/monotone/monotone.db --branch=org.debian.usher.monotone
debush

it tells me

mtn: misuse: branch 'org.debian.usher.monotone' is empty

which I might have guessed from the low bytes in and bytes out counts.
Am I talking to the right server?

On the other hand, I have no trouble getting
 net.venge.monotone.contrib.usher
which seems to contain an usher without the init.d stuff to start it at
boot and keep it up.

-- hendrik