Re: [Monotone-devel] New BETA RC 1 Version Of Mtn-Browse

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] New BETA RC 1 Version Of Mtn-Browse
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2011 01:10:02 +0200

Hi Tony!

Thank you for this new version. I tried it out and while its not
blazingly fast, the draw speed is still very acceptable (approx. 20 to
30 seconds for roughly one and a half year of nvm history on my Core 2 Duo).

I'm facing a rendering problem, though (screenshot attached): Merge
nodes aren't visible at all and normal revisions are only shown as bar,
but not as rectangular box. The -No-Labels version did not help here at
all, but it was surely faster during the rendering phase and did not
create any other problems than the one mentioned above. dot is from
graphviz 2.28.0 (20110702.2211), by the way.

I also noticed that mtn-browse will recognize if no dot is available,
but it will not allow me to set a custom path to a custom dot version in
a settings dialog in case its not in PATH. This should probably be easy
to fix.

Please drop me a note if you freeze the strings, so I can finalize the
German translation for it.

Thanks,
Thomas.