Re: [Monotone-devel] Soon time for a release

From: CooSoft Support
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Soon time for a release
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 23:38:35 +0000

Thomas Keller wrote:
Am 22.02.11 23:58, schrieb CooSoft Support:
   One thing, mainly for my stuff, is has there been any automate stdio
changes made since 0.99.1? I had a quick look at the nightly doc stuff
and couldn't see anything obvious. I aim to release the MAS library and
mtn-browse at 1.0 roughly at the same time.

The only major change in automate is that it now runs by default with
LANG=POSIX, so in case you haven't already set this manually before
calling stdio, there shouldn't be anything which affects mtn-browse.
Phew great news. Yes I set the locale to C which is the same as POSIX I believe.
   My revision graphing module will have to wait until 1.1 of mtn-browse
:-(.

I had a quick look over your code on the forge and would say you already
have some nice functionalities in there (especially the graph connection
code). My implementation is far simpler and probably also more buggy,
but I basically have the same timing problem. Maybe I'm also simply not
in the mood for Qt and / or guitone right now :)

Hehe yes it took a few iterations to get it working sanely. It graphs quite well now and isn't too slow. Top tip, use the weight attribute in dot on edges (or arrows) to propagation nodes to keep them close to their neighbours and this really helps to speed up dot (hours down to under 10 seconds). But it will take some time to get it into a usable/presentable state but hopefully the hard stuff is done now.

Cheers,
Tony.

Thomas.