Re: [Monotone-devel] problem with denied permissions

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] problem with denied permissions
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 11:28:13 +0100

Am 21.02.2011 11:07, schrieb Martin Bruse:
> Hello, I don't subscribe to this list, so please reply directly to me if
> you have any helpful hints :)
>
> Today when I tried to sync with my usher at home, I got a denied read
> permission for something that worked perfectly fine a couple days ago.
>
> I have now simplified the case slightly by removing usher from the
> equation, and this is what it looks like now:
[...]
> [0:address@hidden ~]$cat .monotone/monotonerc
>
> function get_netsync_read_permitted (collection, identity)
> if (identity == "address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>") then
> return true end
>     return false
> end

identity is no longer a string, but a table. This is documented in the
section "Common data types" here:

        <http://www.monotone.ca/docs/Hooks.html#Hooks>

We try to minimize these kinds of dealbreakers during the 1.0
maintenance. And while the aforementioned change was noticed in NEWS,
these kinds of things tend to "vanish" in the vast amount of changes
from release to release.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thomas.