Re: [Monotone-devel] nvm.source-tree-cleanup

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] nvm.source-tree-cleanup
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 14:39:37 +0100 (CET)

In message <address@hidden> on Thu, 03 Feb 2011 07:43:25 -0500, Stephen Leake
<address@hidden> said:

stephen_leake> Then we could have "files in <root>/packages/... are source for
stephen_leake> distribution packages and/or installers (except Makfile.am goes
where
stephen_leake> the autotools need it)". Then we could have:
stephen_leake>
stephen_leake>     <root>/packages/mingw/   3 win32 installer files
stephen_leake>     <root>/packages/cygwin/  1 cygport file
stephen_leake>     <root>/packages/visualc/ renamed from <root>/visualc
stephen_leake>     <root>/packages/mac/     renamed from <root>/mac
stephen_leake>     <root>/packages/debian/  debian stuff
stephen_leake>     ...

With Debian, I'm afraid that idea will go *kaboom*, as all the Debian
build tools expect debian/ to be directly in the source root.  But
that doesn't really matter, it's a separate deal that belongs with
Debian, not with the main distribution.

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/