[Monotone-devel] Updated Issue 121 - automate log should output parents

From: code
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Updated Issue 121 - automate log should output parents (monotone)
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 14:59:07 GMT

Hello,

The following issue has been updated:

121 - automate log should output parents
Project: monotone
Labels:
 Type:Feature Request
 Priority:Medium
 Milestone:2.0

Comments (last first):

# By Richard Levitte, Dec 29, 2010:

I'm moving it to target 2.0 for now, since the roadmap clearly says this:

* For major releases: All of the above, plus we are allowed to break netsync,
make backwards-incompatible changes in the automate interface, remove
previously deprecated features, and / or do general system redesigns.

 Labels: Milestone:2.0, -Milestone:1.1

# By Stephen Leake, Dec 29, 2010:

I'd prefer the additional info be requested by an option. That would also
preserver backward compatibility.

# By Thomas Keller, Dec 28, 2010:

The implementation of automate log currently lists the plain revision ids
according to the options given. For an UI which makes use of this command for
graphing and navigational purposes it would be most useful to also include the
parents of each logged revision (0..2), similar to what automate graph outputs
(each parent separated by a space from the revision or any previous parent).
This would also avoid further lookups via automate parents by the client.

Targeting for 1.1, because it would break automate b/c in 0.99.

--
Issue: https://code.monotone.ca/p/monotone/issues/121/