[Monotone-devel] nvm.visualc branch

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: [Monotone-devel] nvm.visualc branch
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 17:26:29 -0600

The net.venge.monotone.visualc branch builds and passes the tests on MinGW and *nix. With Visual Studio it passes the tests except for 3 i18n failures. Do we want to merge this now (and have 1.0 be buildable on VS2010) or wait for after the release?

The changes are largely:
  * I built against Botan 1.9.7, so there are changes to make that work
    (Botan::Exception vs std::exception, the Botan version checks).
  * A lot of class vs struct changes for forward declarations. If the
    forward declaration doesn't match the definition, Visual Studio will
    fail to link.
    + Maybe we want to just make everything a class everywhere?
  * There were some missing includes.
  * process_sleep() now takes a float instead of an int; it calls usleep
    (microseconds) on unix and Sleep (milliseconds) on Windows.
  * cmd.cc needed some #define's for "manpage" (popen, isatty, etc).
    Probably this indicates something ought to be factored out into
    platform.hh and {unix,win32}/* , but that can be done separately.
  * dump(rsa_pub_key) was defined twice.
  * win32/tester-check-net.cc actually checks network stuff now

The Visual Studio files are for version 10 (VS2010). I don't think they can work with earlier versions.

--
Timothy

Free public monotone hosting: http://mtn-host.prjek.net