Re: [Monotone-devel] IANA registration change declined

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] IANA registration change declined
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 10:10:45 +0100 (CET)

In message <address@hidden> on Sat, 27 Nov 2010 00:13:15 +0100, Thomas Keller
<address@hidden> said:

me> Am 26.11.10 17:32, schrieb Richard Levitte:
me> > In message <address@hidden> on Sat, 20 Nov 2010 13:25:05 +0100 (CET),
Richard Levitte <address@hidden> said:
me> >
me> > richard> In message <address@hidden> on Sat, 20 Nov 2010 11:19:58 +0100,
Thomas Keller <address@hidden> said:
me> > richard>
me> > richard> me> The IANA registration change ("monotone" -> "mtn") was
ultimatively
me> > richard> me> declined, because the previous "owner" of the entry, Tomas
Fasth, could
me> > richard> me> not be reached through any channel either by me nor by IANA.
The IESG
me> > richard> me> was consulted and I got their response forwarded:
me> > richard>
me> > richard> Hmmm, so try to find Tomas Fasth and that might resolve the
issue?
me> > richard> I'll give it a shot (he seems to have been resident in Sweden
back
me> > richard> then, maybe he still is one of those I found in the phone
directory)
me> >
me> > I got hold of him today and updated him on the situation.  He didn't
me> > find it reasonable to remain the contact for that IANA entry, and told
me> > me he was going to respond to the request and try to make sure we get
me> > back control over that registration.
me>
me> Very cool, thanks for your initiative! I already got his email to IANA
me> in CC, now lets hope thats enough for the switch. Alternatively I have
me> to re-issue the request again.

I haven't heard anything about this for a bit, and wonder how it's
going.

Cheers,
Richard

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/