Re: [Monotone-devel] 'SelfHostingInfo' on mtn wiki

From: Hendrik Boom
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] 'SelfHostingInfo' on mtn wiki
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 06:19:22 -0500

On Sun, Nov 07, 2010 at 05:12:27PM +0100, Richard Levitte wrote:
> In message <address@hidden> on Sun, 07 Nov 2010 15:20:33 +0000, Francis
> Russell <address@hidden> said:
>
> francis> Richard Levitte wrote:
> francis>
> francis> > I have already made changes to this page and committed them...
> francis>
> francis> It might be helpful to also have some instructions for <=0.48 users
> francis> (even just to point them to old.monotone.ca). Those versions may be
> francis> alive for a while.
>
> Done.
>
> I've tested the command that I gave for <=0.48 with 0.48 and 0.40.

I tried using it on 0.40 (which seems to be themonotne I'm using on
Debian lenny) in order to obtain a more up-to-date repository, and it
didn't work.  Could it be that the wiki is still out of date even though
you've checked in an update?   Of course I'll be downloading the 0.99
executable to get things working instead of sticking stubbornly with lenny's
0.40, but I thought I should report this.

On http://wiki.monotone.ca/SelfHostingInfo/ it says:

$ # Command for monotone <=0.48
$ mtn --db=mtn.db clone mtn://monotone.ca/monotone "?net.venge.monotone*" \
      -b net.venge.monotone monotone

but when I try this I get:

address@hidden:~/dv/mtn$ mtn --db=mtn.db clone mtn://monotone.ca/monotone
"?net.venge.monotone*" -b net.venge.monotone monotone
Usage: mtn [OPTION...] command [ARG...]

  --confdir <arg>         set location of configuration directory
  --db [ -d ] <arg>       set name of database
  --debug                 print debug log to stderr while running
  --dump <arg>            file to dump debugging log to, on failure
  --help [ -h ]           display help message
  --ignore-suspend-certs  do not ignore revisions marked as suspended
  --key [ -k ] <arg>      set key for signatures
  --keydir <arg>          set location of key store
  --log <arg>             file to write the log to
  --no-default-confdir    forbid use of the default confdir
  --norc                  do not load ~/.monotone/monotonerc or _MTN/monotonerc
                          lua files
  --nostd                 do not load standard lua hooks
  --quiet                 suppress verbose, informational and progress messages
  --rcfile <arg>          load extra rc file
  --reallyquiet           suppress warning, verbose, informational and progress
                          messages
  --root <arg>            limit search for workspace to specified root
  --ssh-sign <arg>        controls use of ssh-agent.  valid arguments are: 'yes'
                          to use ssh-agent to make signatures if possible, 'no'
                          to force use of monotone's internal code, 'only' to
                          force use of ssh-agent, 'check' to sign with both and
                          compare
  --ticker <arg>          set ticker style (count|dot|none)
  --version               print version number, then exit
  --xargs [ -@ ] <arg>    insert command line arguments taken from the given
                          file

Options specific to 'mtn clone':

  --branch [ -b ] <arg>    select branch cert for operation
  --revision [ -r ] <arg>  select revision id for operation

Syntax specific to 'mtn clone':

  clone ADDRESS[:PORTNUMBER] [DIRECTORY]

Description for 'mtn clone':

  Checks out a revision from a remote database into a directory.

  If a revision is given, that's the one that will be checked out.  Otherwise,
  it will be the head of the branch supplied.  If no directory is given, the
  branch name will be used as directory

address@hidden:~/dv/mtn$ exit