Re: [Monotone-devel] 0.99 to be out tomorrow evening...

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] 0.99 to be out tomorrow evening...
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 21:01:19 -0400

Thomas Keller <address@hidden> writes:

> ...so please read over NEWS once again (I re-ordered / tweaked some
> sections there) and give me feedback if make distcheck runs through for you.
>
> make distcheck runs through for me without problems on Mac OX 10.5 /
> i686 (did someone noticed that we have almost 600 functional tests by
> now?!).
>
> Richard, Stephe: Is it possible to fix issue 97 by tomorrow or do we
> just want to add a workaround so the test passes and do the real fix for
> 1.0?

It seems I've been confused; attrs are part of the manifest. So the
solution to the bug is to ensure that attrs are initialized consistently
on all platforms. For the test suite, I think that means setting execute
to nil in test_hooks.lua; any tests that need something else should be
overriding the attr_init hook.

I'll try that tonight on MinGW and Debian, and tomorrow at work on
Cygwin.

Just FYI, the Cygwin version of mtn is incredibly slow. I don't think
it's mtn's fault; old versions are just as slow on the current Cygwin
(I've been running a bisect that started at 0.46 for issue 97). So it
will take approximately all day to run the Cygwin test suite.

--
-- Stephe