Re: [Monotone-devel] automate sync display branches?

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] automate sync display branches?
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 18:46:10 -0400

Thomas Keller <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 10.09.10 16:20, schrieb Stephen Leake:
>> Stephen Leake <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>>  ... I'm trying to enhance Emacs
>>> DVC to support a nice sync interface; it will display which workspaces
>>> need updating after a sync.
>>>
>>> ... Better would be to not use rcfiles for this purpose, which means adding
>>> C++ code to 'automate sync' to output the branch names, enabled by an
>>> option --output-branch-names.
>>
>> I also need an option to specify the remote host command for file: and
>> ssh: methods; I was doing that via a special version of the
>> get_mtn_command hook.
>
> Shouldn't this be easier doable with the get_netsync_connect_command() hook?

The standard value for get_netsync_connect_command calls
get_mtn_command for precisely this purpose.

Either way, I can't change the hook for a specific command in an
automate stdio session.

Hmm. I could have DVC specify a set of hooks that are loaded for all
automate stdio sessions, not just for sync commands. That should work.

--
-- Stephe