[Monotone-devel] Re: monotone man page

From: Gour
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: monotone man page
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 09:37:40 +0200

On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 09:17:11 +0200
>>>>>> "Thomas" == Thomas Keller <address@hidden> wrote:

Thomas> Well, if I can avoid any other tool, then this should be
Thomas> preferred. After all the solely reason for this work is to
Thomas> generate a man page, I don't want texinfo, PDF, HTML output or
Thomas> whatsoever from it. We have a great online manual, that should
Thomas> be enough.

That's OK, but I suggested pandoc in order to have one-source for
different outputs, i.e. to have same help text for command reference
available in man page as in online manual.

Thomas> What I meant with or rather hoped to get feedback for when I
Thomas> asked "is it worthwhile to go down this route any further?" was
Thomas> if the _information_ in their current form as they're provided
Thomas> by the current mechanism is suitable for a decent man page.

See above. ;)

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: F96FF5F6