[Monotone-devel] Statically linked build for Mac OS X?

From: Arthur A. Gleckler
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Statically linked build for Mac OS X?
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 11:19:57 -0800

Is there a way to get a statically linked build of Monotone for Mac OS
X?  I've successfully used MacPorts to build 0.46 on my Mac Pro at
work, but that took hours to finish.  When I tried building on my poor
laptop at home, the build failed after several hours when it ran out
of disk space, using several gigabytes in the process.  On my Mac
Mini, after twelve hours, the build hasn't finished.  I'd love to be
able to take the build I made at work home, but copying the binary
alone isn't enough, and I'm uncomfortable with copying bits and pieces
of MacPorts under "/opt/".  Is there a way to force a static build
like the ones that used to be distributed for OS X?

Thanks very much.