[Monotone-devel] Re: netsync_large_file fails on Linux

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: netsync_large_file fails on Linux
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 11:15:30 -0600

Thomas Keller wrote:
Hi Timothy!

Thomas Moschny told me about a test failure on OSX in
netsync_large_file, where the netsync session does not properly end in
confirmed state. I bisected (again) my way through the recent changes
and found the faulty revision: 8af10f7c168459e83c2076fedcf5bd2a582143a3.

The problem this time is that I'm not into this networking code much and
if I revert the faulty fix the original issue is no longer addressed
either. Could you have a look if you have some time?

This is fixed now.

What happened was that Netxx::Socket::write() was looping until all bytes had been written, and failing if any write(2) didn't work -- which of course the second or third wouldn't, given non-blocking mode and more data than can fit in the send buffer.