[Monotone-devel] monotone-viz: ocaml-giochannel.c:(.text+0x2f4): multipl

From: ludovic
Subject: [Monotone-devel] monotone-viz: ocaml-giochannel.c:(.text+0x2f4): multiple definition of `ml_g_io_channel_read_chars'
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 14:44:24 +0200

Please see http://bugs.debian.org/527731

The story so far: I packaged monotone-viz 1.0.1 for Debian. One of the
OCaml maintainers for Debian found a bug whereby it would fail to build
from source (FTBFS, in Debian jargon) due to updates in OCaml and bindings
to GTK+.  They posted a patch and uploaded a patched version of
monotone-viz to Debian unstable.  However, another OCaml maintainer thinks
that the patch is a hack.  At the same time, they found a second, less
severe, bug: http://bugs.debian.org/549463.

It would be nice if the upstream author of monotone-viz, Olivier Andrieu,
would comment and maybe correct the two problems.  I would then upload the
corrected version of monotone-viz to Debian for continued use.  Is it fair
to hope for such a fix?

--
Ludovic Brenta
Debian Developer