Re: [Monotone-devel] nvm.fast-export

From: Zbigniew Zagórski
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] nvm.fast-export
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 08:42:22 +0100

2009/3/5 Derek Scherger <address@hidden>:
> If there aren't any objections I think I'm ready to land the fast-export
> branch (the new git_export command) but I'll wait until this weekend before
> I do. This branch doesn't change any existing functionality so there should
> be no risk of breaking anything. I've exported and successfully imported a
> monotone database, a pidgin database, an older open embedded database and a
> xaraya database so at the very least it does produce things that git
> fast-import can handle. I've also done some verifications on each of these
> by checking out each branch and tag that can be checked out (by a dumb
> script) and diffing the results and I haven't found any problems so far.

Hi,

Just for curiosity. NEWS file on branch says:

        - A monotone database may be exported in the git fast-import format
          using the git_export command. The output from this command may be
          piped into git fast-import or other tools supporting this format.

I haven't followed thread related to this topic. Does this feature
supports "incremental export" ?

Namely "export only things that are not in git repo yet" ?

Best regards,

--
Zbigniew Zagórski
/ software developer / geek / http://zbigg.blogspot.com /