[Monotone-devel] Re: question about multiple syncs (enhancement request?

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: question about multiple syncs (enhancement request?)
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 17:29:37 +0100

Matthew Welland wrote:
> I am running into a similar problem to what Hugo writes below. For me the
> ideal solution would be a monotone switch that said "sync only branches
> that exist at both ends. Is there a way to do this with a lua script
> perhaps?
>
> To illustrate:
>
> work pc               laptop                   home pc
> a.b.work              a.b.work
>                             c.d.home              c.d.home

In a situation quite similar to yours that's what I do:
I have two repositories/databases on the laptop, e.g.
~/.monotone/work.mtn and ~/.monotone/home.mtn
thus the work and home branches never are in the same DB and don't mix.

% cd work-project
% mtn sync
(it does sync with work pc by default)

% cd home-project
% mtn sync
(it does sync with home pc by default)

…usually using monotone-over-SSH instead of a server (which I find
easier to use for one-man-projects).

--
Lapo Luchini - http://lapo.it/