Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone hosting?

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone hosting?
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 08:08:54 -0600

On Mon, 2009-03-02 at 14:38 +0100, Richard Levitte wrote:
> Althoug, I must say that the very experimental stamp on mtn-host might
> not make it very attractive to some...
>
> (FYI, I've customers who, as their first question, ask me about
> hosting services like Google Code...  I'd like to have them use
> monotone if possible, and this has been my major culprit so far)

I think it's proved stable enough (and low-maintenance enough) to remove
that. Now it says

   This site shouldn't just randomly fall off the net. But any
   major updates to monotone will probably show up here pretty
   early, with possible occasional brokenness.

but I'm guessing that this still might not make your customers feel warm
and fuzzy inside.

--
Timothy

Free public monotone hosting: http://mtn-host.prjek.net
If monotone breaks network compatibility you'll see it here
first (probably even before the new version shows up in your
distro's repositories).