Re: [Monotone-devel] Trouble to pull from monotone.ca and mtn-host.prjek

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Trouble to pull from monotone.ca and mtn-host.prjek.net
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 00:58:51 +0000

On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 13:04 -0300, João Felipe Santos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying since some days ago to pull "net.venge.monotone*" from
> monotone.ca and mtn-host.prjek.net with no success. Synchronizing
> begins but stops after some time. Does anybody know if the servers are
> experiencing some problem? I also noted that the monotone.ca website
> is not showing images anymore. Some days ago even the css was not
> being loaded.

monotone.ca has been having some sort of connectivity issues recently.
>From IRC, it looks like Richard figured out what was wrong, so it will
probably be fixed soon.

mtn-host.prjek.net works fine, as far as I can tell.

However, there's apparently something at the end of refinement that's
spinning the server CPU for several minutes (only on initial pull,
synchronizing when there are no or only a few revisions to send is still
fast). If this takes > 10 minutes (happens sometimes when I try against
mtn-host) the connection will drop from being idle too long.

The spinning happens at least since c47748c78... (Jan 12) and with
current head.

--
Timothy

Free (experimental) public monotone hosting: http://mtn-host.prjek.net