Re: [Monotone-devel] bug report - running Monotone under Windows XP fai

From: João Felipe Santos
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] bug report - running Monotone under Windows XP fails if user account path has non-ascii characters
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 15:03:19 -0200

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 2:48 PM, Zack Weinberg <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 5:39 AM, João Felipe Santos <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> This is a known and fairly well-understood bug that nobody has gotten
> around to fixing; if you have time to do it we would welcome patches.
> The problem is that monotone blindly assumes pathnames returned from
> various system functions (getcwd, FindFirst/FindNext, etc) are already
> in UTF-8, which is almost always wrong.

[snip]

>> D:\>mtn version --full
>> ?: fatal: std::logic_error: ../monotone-0.41/paths.cc:303: invariant
>> 'I(!is_abso
>> lute_here(inT))' violated
>> ?: this is almost certainly a bug in monotone.
>> ?: please send this error message, the output of '? version --full',
>> ?: and a description of what you were doing to address@hidden
>> ?: discarding debug log, because I have nowhere to write it
>> ?: (maybe you want --debug or --dump?)
>
> Now that's just bizarre.  Could you try
>
> D:\>mtn version --debug
>
> and post the *complete* output?
>
> thanks,
> zw

I'll have a look at the code related to the first bug and see if I can
figure something out to solve this trouble. About the second one, the
complete output follows here [1]. I had to run it under C:\ because I
got the same std::logic_error message on paths.cc:303 when tried to
run under D:\. Do not know if it will have the debug info you need
because of it.

Hope it helps
-- João

[1] http://codepad.org/jWAETxlI