Re: [Monotone-devel] bug when running mtn ssh_agent_export ~/.ssh/id_mo

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] bug when running mtn ssh_agent_export ~/.ssh/id_monotone when ~/.ssh does not exist
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 13:18:15 -0800

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 3:29 PM, Vince Milner <address@hidden> wrote:
> address@hidden:~$ mtn ssh_agent_export ~/.ssh/id_monotone
> enter passphrase for key ID address@hidden:
> enter new passphrase for key ID address@hidden:
> confirm passphrase for key ID address@hidden:
> mtn: fatal: Botan::Stream_IO_Error: Botan: I/O error: DataSink_Stream:
> Failure writing to std::ostream

Thank you for reporting this bug.  We were not doing proper error
checking on the attempt to create the file.

I'm about to push a fix for this and several related issues.  With the
next release, if you were to make exactly the same mistake again,
monotone would create the directory for you; and if you were to
attempt to write the exported key to a location where you didn't have
write access, you would get a regular error message rather than a "bug
in monotone" message.

(For monotone-devel: if you find yourself using std::ofstream,
consider whether you shouldn't be using file_io.hh's write_data() /
write_data_userprivate() instead.  There are correct uses of ofstream
in monotone but this was not one of them.)

zw