Re: [Monotone-devel] nvm.asio

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] nvm.asio
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 08:54:49 -0800

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 8:45 AM, Ulf Ochsenfahrt <address@hidden> wrote:
> There is also the issue with compiling monotone on 'older' platforms.
> For example, I still provide packages for Ubuntu 8.04, which has an
> older version of pcre. Does stripped support pcre 7.4?

The configure script enforces pcre 7.6 because of security fixes in
that version (CVE-2008-2371) but if you know that your 7.4 is good,
you can patch m4/library.m4 to relax the constraint.

I'm seriously considering tightening up all of the library
dependencies in nvm.asio but that branch isn't intended to land
anytime soon.

zw