Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: nvm.stripped versus botan

From: Markus Wanner
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: nvm.stripped versus botan
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 15:29:34 +0100

Hi,

Zack Weinberg wrote:
> Unfortunately it is not practical...

Well, the code before did exactly that for these four libraries.
However, the current approach is certainly cleaner.

> The output of "mtn version --full" is dumped into the log files for
> the test suite; might that be good enough?  If not, when would you
> like to see this reported?

Well, knowing the libraries it is *going* to (try to) compile against in
advance was pretty helpful, sometimes. Especially when fiddling with
various versions of these libraries.

But... as end-users won't ever have that requirement... never mind.

> I have no objection to this plan, provided no horrible breakage turns
> up in the next few days.

Yup, let's hope so.

Regards

Markus Wanner