[Monotone-devel] cvssync plans/status?

From: Emile Snyder
Subject: [Monotone-devel] cvssync plans/status?
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 11:29:41 -0800

Hi all,

It's been a long time since I've hacked on monotone.  At work we use CVS for our development, and for a variety of reasons that's not likely to change.  The group I work with would like to set up a sort of experimental development repository to allow us to hack on stuff that is potentially to destabalizing to live in the "real" CVS repo, but lets us collaborate easily while working on roughing out ideas, and would let us merge branches back into the CVS repo more easily when we find the direction we actually want to go.

It looks like the nvm.cvssync is defunct, and nvm.cvssync.refactor has had changes merged from mainline (and also contains an experimental db-compaction branch?) as recently as spring of 2008 by Christof, nvc.cvssync.attrs was worked on spring of 2007 by Will.  Is that a fair summary?

Does anyone use any of these branches at the moment for working on code whose canonical repo is the CVS version?  Are they stable enough for you?

How much work remains to get something in shape to go into mainline?

Thanks for any information,
-emile

(PS If anyone has had a good experience with another tool for this general use case I'd appreciate tips, although if we want to take it off list as not-monotone-related I understand.)