[Monotone-devel] Re: CMD_NO_WORKSPACE(checkout)?

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: CMD_NO_WORKSPACE(checkout)?
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 19:32:42 +0100

Thomas Keller wrote:
>   $ mtn check  # I meant `make check`

Oh… wow! that would really be unexpected.
(but not dangerous, fortunately, only… slow and unexpected)

> While it may be useful to have other defaults read from there, f.e. the
> database file path or the key directory

Uh, yes… just saturday I did
$ mtn co net.venge.monotone.stripped ../stripped
as a shortcut instead of writing the full options…

> rather like to see checkout acting explicitely on the user's input, i.e.
> by prompting him to give it a --revision or --branch option.

I think making one of those two mandatory would be nice, but didn't you
say it was too late to know if that was on the command line or no? ;)

--
Lapo Luchini - http://lapo.it/

“If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then
the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization.”
(Weinberg's Second Law)