Re: [Monotone-devel] nvm.resolve_conflicts strangeness

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] nvm.resolve_conflicts strangeness
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 14:19:06 -0500

Lapo Luchini <address@hidden> writes:

> 1. `mtn show_conflicts r1 r2` shows 7 conflicting files
> 2. `mtn store r1 r2` shows (the same) 7 conflicts
> 3. `mtn conflicts show_remaining` shows 3.. three??
>
> I didn't resolve anything so far... what is happening?
> Either I didn't understand the meaning of command number 3, or something
> strange is happening =)

Some conflicts can be resolved by the internal merger; those are
marked as resolved by mtn store, so they don't count in mtn conflicts
show_remaining.

If you look in the conflicts file directly, you'll see the ones marked
as resolved.

Hmm. In my Emacs interface, I show the resolved as well as the
unresolved, so you have a chance to review the internal merge
(sometimes it isn't what you want). I don't think there's a way to do
that via the command line; you have to edit the conflict file directly.

--
-- Stephe