Re: [Monotone-devel] compatibility of 0.40 and 0.41 question

From: Markus Wanner
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] compatibility of 0.40 and 0.41 question
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 16:51:16 +0100

Hi,

Hugo Cornelis wrote:
> He already downgraded to 0.40 and things work now.  I am not really
> sure about the details where things went wrong.  To repeat: he pulled
> using a 0.41 mtn from a database served by a 0.40 mtn to a fresh
> database initialized using a 0.41 mtn.

Well, that would indicate that a single mtn binary couldn't read its own
database format. That's highly unlikely. I rather suspect that your
/home/epokh/neurospaces_project/MTN/neurospaces-developer.mtn has been
created by an older mtn binary. From your script snippet, it's
impossible to tell if the file has already been there or not.

Pulling (and netsync in general) has nothing to do with the quoted error
message, because it doesn't touch the database schema.

> I don't have access to all machines to obtain more version
> information, but the operational problem seems to be solved.

I'm glad to hear.

Regards

Markus Wanner