Re: [Monotone-devel] fatal: std::logic_error: paths.cc:728: invariant 'I

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] fatal: std::logic_error: paths.cc:728: invariant 'I(!empty())' violated
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 16:17:27 -0600

On Sun, 2008-11-30 at 22:17 +0100, Vaclav Haisman wrote:
[...]
> plain text document attachment (mtn-debug-log.txt)
> mtn: searching for '_MTN' directory with root '/'
> mtn: working root is '/usr/local/etc'
> mtn: initial relative path is ''
> mtn: skipping nonexistent rcfile '/root/.monotone/monotonerc'
[...]
> mtn: reading key dir ''
> mtn: reading keys from file 'pkgtools.status-pkg.sh'
> mtn: paths.cc:728: invariant 'I(!empty())' violated
[...]
> plain text document attachment (options)
> database "/root/etc.mtn"
>   branch "local.radlicka.amber2/usr/local/etc"

You will have to run "mtn genkey", to give you a key for monotone to use
to commit with. You'll have to either do this outside of the workspace
(/usr/local/etc) or provide the --confdir or --keydir option.

After this, you should be able to fix it by giving
--confdir=/root/.monotone or --keydir=/root/.monotone/keys when you
commit (unless you gave these to genkey, then you shouldn't need them).
After doing this, there should be a line
   keydir "/root/.monotone/keys"
in _MTN/options . Adding that line manually is another way to fix it.
(Or you could use different values if you don't like the defaults.)

What appears to be happening is that monotone doesn't realize that there
isn't a keydir line in _MTN/options, and is trying to use this (missing)
value instead of the default (this is the bug). The value never got
written because that directory doesn't exist (don't want to save
possibly invalid option values). It's created when a key is first saved,
which can happen by means of "mtn genkey" or "mtn read < $privkey_file".

--
Timothy

Free (experimental) public monotone hosting: http://mtn-host.prjek.net